Crude oil was discovered by Beaty at his home in Warren, at Pennysylvania. Oil is a fossil fuel that has been formed from a large number of tiny plants and animals such as algae and zooplankton. Here are some facts about oil.
- The first recorded use of pipelines to transport natural gas was in 500BC, in China. The pipelines were made of bamboo and used to boil seawater and separate the salt from the water.
2. Saudi Aramco, the world’s largest exporter of crude oil, not only owns both the world’s largest onshore and offshore oil fields, but is also the world’s most valuable company.
3. Oil is made into many different products like clothes, fertilizers, plastic bottles, pens and a lot of other product.
4. Oil spilling is often caused by major ecological disasters.
5. Oil together with coal and natural gas supply about 88% of the world’s energy needs.